DSNAP – Disaster Food Stamps Update
Pre-registering will save you a lot of time. Then you may pick up the card at any DSNAP location. You are not limited to the DSNAP locations within the parish where you live. You can use any of the locations. Pre-register to save time by calling 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578) or online at www.dcfs.la.gov/preregister
TANGIPAHOA (additional locations below)
Eagle Heights Community Church
47318 Rufus Bankston Rd
- Monday, August 22: A-D
- Tuesday, August 23: E-K
- Wednesday, August 24: L-R
- Thursday, August 25: S-Z
- Friday, August 26: A-K applicants unable to make prior scheduled day
- Saturday, August 27: L-Z applicants unable to make prior scheduled day
You will need to provide:
- Names, Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth for each household member
- Address and Parish where you currently live
- Monthly income for each household member
- All liquid resources for each household member (cash on hand, checking, savings)
East Feliciana Parish – ZIP Codes 70722, 70730, 70748, 70761, 70777, and 70791:
Early Learning Center, 9414 Plank Road, Clinton
Iberia Parish ZIP Codes 70518, 70528, 70552, 70560, 70563, 70582**, and 70592:
South LA Community College, 908 Ember Dr., New Iberia
Livingston Parish (all ZIP codes):
Amvets Post 68, 26890 Hwy 42, Springfield
Judson Baptist Church, 32470 Walker North, Walker
Pointe Coupee Parish ZIP Codes 70749, 70755**, 70756**, 70757**, 70760, 70762**, and 70783:
Pointe Coupee Multi-Use Facility, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads
St. Helena Parish (all ZIP codes):
Greater Turner Chapel AME, 875 Turner Chapel Rd., Greensburg
St. Landry Parish (all ZIP Codes**):
Southeast Community Center, 101 City Avenue, Eunice
Yambilee Building, 1939 W Landry St., Opelousas
Tangipahoa Parish (all ZIP Codes**):
Eagle Heights Community Church, 47318 Rufus Bankston Rd., Tickfaw
Phase Two begins Monday, Aug. 29 to Saturday, Sept 3 for Acadia, Ascension, East Baton Rouge, and Lafayette parishes. DSNAP Phase Three will be from Monday, September 5, to Saturday, September 10, for Avoyelles, Evangeline, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, St. Martin, Washington and West Feliciana parishes.
More info is available at: http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&pid=360
Please do the following to ensure you get back on your feet:
- Pre-register for FEMA assistance, by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or registering online at http://www.disasterassistance.gov. Everyone who had damage to their homes, vehicles, or personal property should register for assistance.
- If you have flood insurance, call your insurance company immediately. Once they give you the go ahead, begin clearing out baseboards, sheetrock, flooring, etc. that was damaged. Make sure to take photos before you begin, while you are clearing out, and afterwards of the debris piles. You do NOT need to wait for FEMA to assess your damage. All the construction debris should be placed in the right-of-way. Keep regular garbage and recycling in the garbage and recycling containers—separate from the construction debris.
- If you do not have flood insurance, begin clearing out the flooded items as quickly as possible, but make sure to take photos before you begin, while you are clearing out, and afterwards of the debris piles. You do NOT need to wait for FEMA to assess your damage. All the construction debris should be placed in the right-of-way. Keep regular garbage and recycling in the garbage and recycling containers—separate from the construction debris.
- If you had flood water INSIDE your house and live in the Hammond city limits, the City needs your Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, and an estimate of how much water came in the house. Contact the City of Hammond at 985-277-5601 with any questions.
- Everyone who had flood water INSIDE their houses in Tangipahoa Parish (including those within the Hammond city limits) needs to contact the parish at 985-748-3211 or complete the damage survey available at http://www.tangipahoa.org/. Those living in other parishes should contact their local Emergency Operation Centers:
St. Tammany – 985-898-2700
East Baton Rouge – 225-389-2100
Washington – 985-839-0434
Livingston – 225-686-3996
All the flood waters have receded from the streets in the City of Hammond. All streets are now open.