HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL
312 EAST CHARLES STREET
May 13th, 2016
I. CALL TO ORDER: Councilman President Mike Williams
II. ROLL CALL: Johnny Blount (), Jason Hood (), Janice Carter Beard (), Lemar Marshall (), Mike Williams ()
III. PRAYER :
IV. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: All veterans and active military, please render the proper salute.
V. REPORTS: NONE
1. Council: NONE
2. Mayor: NONE
3. Recognition of New Businesses : NONE
VI. RESOLUTIONS: NONE
A. OLD BUSINESS: NONE
B. NEW BUSINESS: NONE
VII. FINAL ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE: NONE
VIII. INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE AND SET OF PUBLIC HEARING:
1. Introduction of an ordinance to adopt the City of Hammond budget for the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 and set public hearing in accordance with the procedures set with in Section 5-03 of the City of Hammond Charter. (Mayor Panepinto)
I, COUNCIL CLERK, TONIA BANKS, OF THE HAMMOND CITY COUNCIL, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING WAS POSTED AT THE COUNCIL’S OFFICE AT 312 EAST CHARLES STREET, HAMMOND, LOUISIANA, IN ACCORDANCE WITH
LA R.S. 42:4.7, ON OR BEFORE the 12th DAY OF MAY 2016 at 3:00pm.
RULES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
In the interest of fairness and time, the following guidelines are established, relative to public participation and discussion of any agenda item.
1. All persons desiring to speak on a specific agenda item will request the attention of the presiding officer at the time the item is being considered.
2. After recognitions the participant is requested to give his/her name and address and duly noted in the minutes.
3. All questions and comments are to be address to the presiding officer only.
4. There shall be no indulging in personalities and the participant must adhere to the item at hand, and the rules of decorum of the council.
5. When a council member, citizen, elected or appointed public official refuses to adhere to these procedural policies, and the behavior interferes with or disrupts the normal order of business, the presiding officer may eject or request the removal of the disruptive or obstructive party or parties. The presiding officer shall prior to the discussion of a particular item, allow time for the discussion of that item. The Council Clerk shall be the official timekeeper of the Council and shall interrupt discussion to advise the Council that time has expired. Discussion shall cease, and the matter shall then be voted upon forthwith. When called upon for a vote, each council member present shall respond “yes,” “no” or “abstain.” A failure to answer shall be recorded as “abstain.”