What We Do:
The City Street Department is responsible for:
- maintaining road surfaces
- repair damaged streets and sidewalks
- maintaining street drainage within the municipality of Hammond
- responsible for trimming trees that interfere with the freedom to see traffic from any direction within a vehicle
- installing or repairing road signs
- lane striping
- repairing street lights and traffic light problems
- building maintenance on city buildings
- handles garbage and recycling pickup issues
- coordinate long range planning
- coordinate with Tangipahoa Parish, The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development as well as other agencies to facilitate improvements to roadways under municipality jurisdiction.
After Hours – Emergencies
Dori St. Cyr
18104 US Highway 190 East
Hammond, LA 70401 – 3400
310 E. Charles St.
Hammond, LA 70401
P.O. Box 2788
Hammond LA 70404 – 2788
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:45 pm
Adopt a Street
Adopt a Street Renewal
City of Hammond Household Hazardous Recycling Day May 4, 2019
Recycling Day Totals May 2015
Recycling Day Totals May 2016
Recycling Day Totals May 2017
Recycling Day Totals May 2018
What can I recycle?
How can I request a speed hump?