What We Do:
The City Street Department is responsible for:
- maintaining road surfaces
- repair damaged streets and sidewalks
- maintaining street drainage within the municipality of Hammond
- responsible for trimming trees that interfere with the freedom to see traffic from any direction within a vehicle
- installing or repairing road signs
- lane striping
- repairing street lights and traffic light problems
- building maintenance on city buildings
- handles garbage and recycling pickup issues
- coordinate long range planning
- coordinate with Tangipahoa Parish, The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development as well as other agencies to facilitate improvements to roadways under municipality jurisdiction.
After Hours – Emergencies
Dori St. Cyr
18104 US Highway 190 East
Hammond, LA 70401 – 3400
310 E. Charles St.
Hammond, LA 70401
P.O. Box 2788
Hammond LA 70404 – 2788
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:45 pm
Adopt a Street
Adopt a Street Renewal
City of Hammond Household Hazardous Recycling Day May 5, 2018
Recycling Day Totals May 2015
Recycling Day Totals May 2016
Recycling Day Totals May 2017
What can I recycle?
How can I request a speed hump?